This page provides resources for the serious breeder! Just point your browser to our
links on everything you need to know about maintaining a successful AI operation. To get
started, please refer to the page descriptions and their corresponding links below.
- Estrous Synchronization Course-University
- Estrus Synchronization Protocols-Beef Task Force 2013
- Protocols for Synchronization of Estrus and Ovulation
- AI vs. Natural Service
- This special supplement to the October 25 Hoard's Dairyman is sponsored by the members of
the National Association of Animal Breeders (NAAB).
Requires Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® to view
- Net Merit: August 2003 Revision
- New Evaluations Offer a Genetic Approach to Improving
- Daughter Pregnancy Rate
- New Genetic Evaluations Consider the Cow's Contribution to Calving Ease (English)
- Estimated Relative Conception Rate (ERCR)
- Proper use of ERCR can improve conception rates and farm profitability.
- Complex Vertebral Malformation (CVM)
- Current information about CVM.
- Genetic Evaluation Articles
- Breakthroughs In Biotechnology October 2000
- Get the scoop from experts the field on the latest breakthroughs in biotechnology.
- AI Tips
- Synchronization protocols and more.
- Exciting Career Opportunities in AI August 1997
- This document highlights some of the positions held by the men and women in the
Artificial Insemination (AI) industry and explains why each is vital.
Standards for AI Training
An overview of recommended training for Artificial Insemination.
Technical Conference Proceedings
Price and availability of past Proceedings of the NAAB Technical Conferences on
Artificial Insemination and Reproduction.
REPRODUCTIVE ANATOMY GUIDE BOOK AVAILABLE
"Illustrated Anatomy of the Bovine Male
and Female Reproductive Tracts" by K.J. Mullins & R.G. Saacke
[ISBN 0-9743745-0-4, Soft Cover, 88 pages, $30 USD plus shipping and handling] Bulk rate discounts
are available as follows: 10-50 copies - $25 USD each, over 50 - $18 USD each plus shipping and handling.
An excellent anatomical reference guide for AI and ET professionals, veterinarians, educators and
students interested in reproductive biology.
Click here for credit card ordering instructions
Requires Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® to view
Links of Interest
- The ADDS Center
- Agricultural Databases for Decision Support. This is a subscription-based information
system that provides access to university extension materials and research reports.
Ag Exporter Magazine
- Magazine published by USDA/FAS for food and agriculture exporters.
- American Cowman
- Information with timely, practical production and management strategies to
add efficiency, value, and profitability to cattle herds with up to 100 head.
- Babcock Institute
- The Babcock Institute of International Dairy Research and Development at the
University of Wisconsin.
- Beef Cattle Breed Associations
- Beef Improvement Federation
- The mission of BIF is to improve the beef industry through performance evaluation.
They represent 40 state and national beef organizations.
- BEEF Magazine
- Information on the hottest beef-industry topics is available online.
- Beef Today
- The online edition of Beef Today.
- Breeds of Cattle
- Oklahoma State University's Cattle Breed Database.
- BSE, CJD, nvCJD Information Resource
- An information resource produced by the National Cattlemen's Beef Association
on BSE and CJD reviewed by a scientific panel of experts.
- Cow-Calf Weekly
- A pioneer in electronic newsletters providing current cattle industry news..
- Dairy Cattle Breed Associations
- Dairy Herd Management
- The online edition of Dairy Herd Management Magazine.
- Dairy Today
- The online edition of Dairy Today.
- Foot-and-Mouth Disease (FMD)
- USDA-APHIS information on Foot and Mouth Disease.
- The International Bull Evaluation Service (INTERBULL) is a non-profit organization,
responsible for promoting the development and standardization of international genetic
evaluations for cattle.
- National Animal
Health Monitoring Service
- The USDA initiated the National Animal Health Monitoring System (NAHMS) in 1983
to collect, analyze, and disseminate data on animal health, management, and productivity across the United States.
- National Cattlemen's Beef Association
- The Beef Industry Informations System's Cattlemen On the Web.
- National DHIA
- This site contains the latest information about the standardized collection of
dairy production records by Dairy Herd Improvement associations.
- Quality Certification Services
- QCS is a wholly owned subsidiary of National DHIA. Its purpose is to audit the
performance of dairy records service providers to ensure that all records submitted for
genetic evaluations meet the minimum standards established by the Council on Dairy Cattle
U.S. Livestock Genetics Export, Inc.
- Umbrella group for U.S. livestock exports.
USDA's Foreign Agricultural Service
- This website provides information about US export products, export statistics
and export assistance programs.
- USDA National Animal Germplasm Program
- Visit this site to obtain information about the ongoing efforts to coordinate the
availability, conservation and utilization of animal genetic resources.
Copyright ©1996 National Association of
Animal Breeders. We
welcome your questions and
National Association of Animal Breeders
PO Box 1033
Columbia, Missouri 65205
Tel: (573) 445-4406
Fax: (573) 446-2279