May 3, 2019
Position Title: Administrative Assistant/Part Time
Reports To: President
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks.
- Answer incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate staff members.
- Process materials for mailing and freight shipment from Madison office.
- Open specific mail, scanning and routing as appropriate and file original documents.
- Perform word processing and transcription.
- Keep correspondence files up to date and current.
- Update mailing lists, outlook address book lists and update information on company website.
- Assist staff to complete key projects within required time lines and perform other duties as required.
- Coordinate arrangements for NAAB Board and committee meetings as directed by management.
- Prepare and print programs for NAAB Annual Meeting and Technical Conferences for staff review. Prepare proceedings for final printing.
- Prepare syllabus material for Board and committee meetings.
- Prepare updates for reporting to USLGE for various programs. Communicate with members to obtain, update and prepare information for the management of the Foreign Agriculture Services programs through USLGE.
- Maintain and update procedures manual as required.
- Maintain schedules of staff and assist with some travel arrangements.
- Possess high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 6 months to 1 year of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs including: MS Word, Excel, Photoshop, Publisher, Power Point and PKZIP.
- Possess strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be a self -starter with the ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
Applications should be submitted to:
National Association of Animal Breeders
Attn: Jay Weiker, President
8413 Excelsior Drive, Suite 140
Madison, WI 53717